1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Losing Internet Explorer while surfing?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tomsxp, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomsxp

tomsxp Thread Starter

Hello, It seems everynight after surfing for a good 3hours or more i would start clicking to the next web page and all of a sudden its says CANNOT FIND SERVER and no matter where i click on, a web page will say this, so i went back to my AOL SCREEN and tried to get on the web from there and it would say ACTION CANCELLED! Is this AOL cutting me off(it still seems i am connected) BUT my internet explorer NO LONGER works! After restarting each time this happens then everything works fine for another long time! Please let me know what you think, and Thank you, TOM

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

go to start/run/msconfig & take the checks out in startup of anything you don't need to startup at reboot. This will save you alot of the resources you seem to be losing from so much running in the background at the same time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!