losing internet when inactive for awhile

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scarlyt

This is an odd problem i have been having, when i go afk for awhile and come back to the computer, the internet will not load pages, however a quick reboot and everything is ok. I know its not the internet company or router because my other computer works just fine. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas, been surfing the web lately and havnt come across info about this :(

it does say this in the bottom of the toolbar when it cant load
C:/windows/system32/shdoclc.dill
does that mean anything?

I used to have that issue sometimes but I seemed to have figured out a way to get around it. If you go to the Control Panel, then to Power Options Properties, you can check to see if your computer is automatically shutting off the hard drives after a set amount of time. Mine was initially set to turn off hard drives after like 15 minutes of inactivity. I switched it to NEVER and have not had that problem thus far.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online