1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

losing internet when inactive for awhile

Discussion in 'Networking' started by scarlyt, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scarlyt

scarlyt Thread Starter

This is an odd problem i have been having, when i go afk for awhile and come back to the computer, the internet will not load pages, however a quick reboot and everything is ok. I know its not the internet company or router because my other computer works just fine. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas, been surfing the web lately and havnt come across info about this :(

it does say this in the bottom of the toolbar when it cant load
    C:/windows/system32/shdoclc.dill
    does that mean anything?

2. madbeatchemi

madbeatchemi

I used to have that issue sometimes but I seemed to have figured out a way to get around it. If you go to the Control Panel, then to Power Options Properties, you can check to see if your computer is automatically shutting off the hard drives after a set amount of time. Mine was initially set to turn off hard drives after like 15 minutes of inactivity. I switched it to NEVER and have not had that problem thus far.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice