Losing Sleep over this!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aimee

Is there a way I can look up what sites I've been to online within the last few days? I saw a video on Youtube that I flagged and I want to be sure it gets deleted - actually, it needs something more than just being pulled from Youtube, it needs police involvement.... I think. I'm so worried about what I saw that I've been up all night trying to retrace my steps, no luck. I called Google and asked them, they were useless. I can't remember what search I used that led me to the video so I have to rely on something on my computer that'll get me back there. Thanks for your help.

What browser are you using? If you didn't delete your browser history the url might still be there.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Look in History for that day.

Under the gold star.

aimee

My history files get deleted every 24 hrs. THanks anyway. What about cookies? Any way to find it that way?

aimee

ck'd Google desktop, nothing there. what about temp files, any way to ck that?

A lot of browsing information is kept in things called index.dat files which aren't routinely cleaned by 'normal' IE processes so, unless you use something like CCleaner to get rid of them, they should still be there.

Have a look at this page; http://www.acesoft.net/delete_index.dat_files.htm You can download the the free viewer mentioned at the foot of the page or Google for 'index.dat viewers' and check what is available.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
UTube is pretty fast to pull stuff offline. I think you're wasting your time worrying about this..........

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts