1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Losing static IP address

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jwdv22, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jwdv22

jwdv22 Thread Starter

Hey everyone,
    I have this problem w/ a guy at work. He is in a remote branch, Static IP's, WIN98, peer to peer network. Anyway, he calls me like everyother day saying he can't connect to internet (means no email or connecting to the server here). I look and he has the IP address that I assigned him, but no internet. Give him another available address, and he works fine for about 48 hours, then calls back. Switch him back to old IP address and he'll work fine for 48 hours then, call back. Any ideas??? Thanks

2. dai

dai

not in my area of knowledge, but is lease on the allocated address expiring every 48 hrs if you use dhcp on a router check to see if it is expiring

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

How is his Internet access provided? Is it through your server, or by another method?

4. top_gizmo

top_gizmo

I agree with dia, sounds like the IP's have not been taken out of the DHCP pool. Check to see if they have been taken out.

5. jwdv22

jwdv22 Thread Starter

They are not DHCP pooled. We have a list of available private IP's that are NATted behind a router. It is also only happening to one person. I am waiting to see how long he maintain's this IP before it stops working...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/152487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice