1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Losing wireless connecion when using SB Live soundcard...??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Koil, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Koil

Koil Thread Starter

Hello all and thanks for reading my problem...

Specs:
    WinXP (SP1 though it REALLY wants me to install SP2)
    2Ghz P4
    Abit Mobo
    GeForce 3TI 500
    SoundBlaster Live! Value
    D-Link 520 Wireless PCI Net card
    2 30Gb HD
    2 CD-ROM

Ok, heres the deal and its really frustrating me. Since I installed the ABIT MoBo about 2 months ago, I never swapped back over to using the SB Live card, so when I swapped it from using the onboard sound to the SB card (in Control Panel)last night, the D-Link card immediately loses connnection with the Hub and says the connection isn't available.

If I go back into control panel and disable the sound card...it regains connection....???

I have checked the IRQ's and the D-Link is on IRQ 23, which is shared with a USB controller (no USB devices connected at this time) and the SB Live card is on IRQ 21 by itself.

I can't figure out what is causing this at all...does the card emit some kind of interference thats killing the signal to the card? I searched the net and I can't find anything about that, but who knows...

I have tried swapping the PCI slots of the SB card down one slot, to see if it made a difference, but it didn't.

I think that this is all I have done, if any one has any ideas or needs further info, please let me know!

Thanks!!

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Call D-link's 24hour tech support line. You may have to RMA it. I had a similar problem with a 520+ card losing connection.. 1-800-877-45D-LINK

3. Koil

Koil Thread Starter

Ugh...definitely not what I wanted to hear, but I apprecaite the reply. I'll give them a call and see if they have ever heard of it...

Still open to solutions from anyone else if they have any!

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

After they returned the card I had problems with, I didn't have any more problems. :)

Some revisions of the cards suffered some wierd quirks..

5. Firering

Firering

yeah i had a similar problem with my radeon 9800pro... i had it replaced at the little mom and pops store i got it from and everything was fine. i didnt have my wireless cut out though thats kinda weird... but then again it could have made a difference if the wireless card was in the card slot above or directly below the sound card. thats something really looking into.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice