Losing wireless connecion when using SB Live soundcard...??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Koil

Hello all and thanks for reading my problem...

Specs:
WinXP (SP1 though it REALLY wants me to install SP2)
2Ghz P4
Abit Mobo
GeForce 3TI 500
SoundBlaster Live! Value
D-Link 520 Wireless PCI Net card
2 30Gb HD
2 CD-ROM

Ok, heres the deal and its really frustrating me. Since I installed the ABIT MoBo about 2 months ago, I never swapped back over to using the SB Live card, so when I swapped it from using the onboard sound to the SB card (in Control Panel)last night, the D-Link card immediately loses connnection with the Hub and says the connection isn't available.

If I go back into control panel and disable the sound card...it regains connection....???

I have checked the IRQ's and the D-Link is on IRQ 23, which is shared with a USB controller (no USB devices connected at this time) and the SB Live card is on IRQ 21 by itself.

I can't figure out what is causing this at all...does the card emit some kind of interference thats killing the signal to the card? I searched the net and I can't find anything about that, but who knows...

I have tried swapping the PCI slots of the SB card down one slot, to see if it made a difference, but it didn't.

I think that this is all I have done, if any one has any ideas or needs further info, please let me know!

Thanks!!

Call D-link's 24hour tech support line. You may have to RMA it. I had a similar problem with a 520+ card losing connection.. 1-800-877-45D-LINK

Koil

Ugh...definitely not what I wanted to hear, but I apprecaite the reply. I'll give them a call and see if they have ever heard of it...

Still open to solutions from anyone else if they have any!

After they returned the card I had problems with, I didn't have any more problems. :)

Some revisions of the cards suffered some wierd quirks..

yeah i had a similar problem with my radeon 9800pro... i had it replaced at the little mom and pops store i got it from and everything was fine. i didnt have my wireless cut out though thats kinda weird... but then again it could have made a difference if the wireless card was in the card slot above or directly below the sound card. thats something really looking into.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts