1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Loss Of Harddrive in XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Pinkbits, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinkbits

Pinkbits Thread Starter

Long story short!
    I installed vista because i was curious... most people said is was **** and some said it was the greatest thing.

So Ive installed it and yes i didn't like it, so back to xp we went.

I got into my fresh installation of XP and now Im missing a hard drive.

But if i go into disk management it says that the hard drive is there and it thinks that 128gig is a healthy partition and the other 337gig is unallocated

but last time i could access the hard drive it was 337gigs of used space and 128gig free,
    its like vista had changed the format and xp cant read it anymore.

any thoughts?

Ive tried swapping the sata ports over
    i don't want to format it as i think all my info is still on there and i relay want to recover it.
    I have not tried it in a different computer as my rig is the only one with a sata port.

any help would me much appreciated, if i need to say any more info about the computer fire away.

cheers
    marc

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice