1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Loss of Internet connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Gaabbyy, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaabbyy

Gaabbyy Thread Starter

I support a small business with 6 computers(XP) wired networked to a Cisco router and connected to an ADSL WAN. For over a year now they have experienced an overnight loss of Internet connectivity requiring the router to be rebooted almost every morning. We thought it was a fault router so we replaced this with a good Cisco router, but the problem persisted. We got Cisco involved and they monitored it without finding fault, but they replaced it anyway. We also replaced our ISP but all without avail. I use a combination of pcAnywhere and Logmein to support them over the web. The strange thing is that I am always able to connect to their system, but when the fault is apparent, I can't get web access to their router internally or externally and they can't get Internet or e-mail access. The router is my DHCP server and each PC is DHCP mapped in it. Cisco have looked at all the settings of the router and they say they are good. ANY ideas your experts may have would be great. :)

2. Mordillo_98

Mordillo_98

Hi... Is you current ISP DSL or Cable?

3. Gaabbyy

Gaabbyy Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice