1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Loss of Keyboard touchpad Wifi and audio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stomper1981, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stomper1981

stomper1981 Thread Starter

Hi all,
    my daughter has an Acer Aspire 5 --A 515 51G laptop with windows 10, 10 days ago she cracked the screen which we got replaced and all went well, 3 days ago it had done a windows update, 2 days ago when she booted it up to use it at school she had lost the use of the Touchpad, Keyboard, No wifi option, and No sound device.
    First I removed windows updates from 3 days ago with no luck. Than I downloaded all drivers for this machine from acer website no luck. than I reinstalled windows after backing up her data files no luck. than I re downloaded the drivers from acer and I got the sound to work until I had to restart than lost sound again and could not get it to work again.

a couple of points ----- when I do a restart the screen turns off but the keyboard stays lit up but screen wont turn back on. Power button on keyboard does work.
    When the laptop restarts and it is at the login screen I can use the function buttons to turn the screen on and off and the touchpad on and off but only for about 10 secs than it wont let me do it. but mouse pointer does not move.
    I plugged in a usb mouse and keyboard which works and I have it connected via ethernet.
    I am not sure if the cracked screen is the original cause or not.
    The only thing I have not done is a complete format and install of windows.

Thanks

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Boot into the BIOS and see if keyboard and screen stay functional. If they don't work in the BIOS, it's a hardware fault.

Boot into Safe Mode and see what happens. If they work in Safe Mode, then it's a driver or Windows issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice