loss of sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dreamcatcher45

I plugged in new mouse into usb port. Since then i have loss of sound, tho device manager doesnt report any faults, and all sound devices appear to be working ok. Any ideas. I have tried system restore, to no avail.

valis

checked mute? Not to be a wisenheimer, but eliminate the obvious first.

dreamcatcher45

Yes, ive checked mute. Ive taken headphones from pc, ive eliminated all simple things, tried to play music via cd and thru whats stored on hard drive. Ive even ran a registry fix, all to no avail.

valis

when you unplug the mouse and plug the old one in, does sound come back?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online