Loss of Spund and Yellow Icon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

afrankh

I have Windows 2000. My sound works properly and my yellow sound icon is displayed near the clock.

However, my problem is each time I reboot, I lose both my sound and my yellow icon. I can restore them by going into the Sounds and Multimedia Properties.

Please help with a solution to eliminate the loss of my sound and icon on reboot.

Thanks,
afrankh

Right click on the taskbar and select properties. In the "taskbar and start menu properties" window click the "customize" button. Find the speaker icon and your audio manager program (yellow icon). Under the behavior column click the drop down arrow and select "always show". Hit okay, then apply.

EDIT: I just realized you have win2000. These instructions may or may not work. Not at a w2k machine at the moment.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts