1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Loss of Video

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by michabod, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. michabod

michabod Thread Starter

I have a GEFORCE 7300 GTOC graphics card in my XP computer. As soon as it boots to the operating system, or a few minutes later I lose my video signal. The computer, however, seems to be running. I already swapped the monitor to no avail. If it's not my graphics card, could it be a virus? If so, is there any way I could possibly fix it given the fact that I may lose my video signal at any moment? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

What happens to the screen? Does it revert to black with a "no signal" message, turn grey, or another colour, or just nothibg?

3. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Hit F8 before Windows boots. Boot in to VGA mode. Troubleshoot from there.

Courtney

4. michabod

michabod Thread Starter

Screen turns black with a "loss of video" signal. Will attempt F8.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice