1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Loss of web on server

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by MordyT, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MordyT

MordyT Thread Starter

Ok, so here is my issue....
    I have access to a win server 2003. I have xampp and iis running no issue. Randomly, the server stops responding for a minute or two. By stops responding i mean remote desktop won't connect, website won't load, etc. Then it starts working again no issues. The server is in a datacenter and the connection is stable, other servers don't have this issue. Not much is running on the server atm, just iis, xampp, tcadmin. Server defiantly had the power needed, no it's not overloaded.

What I am looking for is a a program that can tell me why. I know there is a way to see slow mysql queries (which may be my issue, how do you do that again?), maybe a way to see why it hangs at times.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Does the event log show any errors? You can run some counter logs on IIS and the other things running to see where and when the slowdown is occuring.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice