1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost a Faxing Feature known as Capture Fax BVRP after Vista SP1 Install

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Lexonex, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexonex

Lexonex Thread Starter

Quick history; I was running XP which did have Windows Faxing capabilities. I then upgraded to Vista Home Premium 64 bit and came to realize ONLY Vista Ultimate had Windows Fax and Scan. I then purchased a U.S. Robotics 56K External Faxmodem USB (model 5633B) along with the free software of Classic Phone Tools. Worked great.

NOW, after downloading and installing Vista’ SP1 Update (story for another day) it messed up my faxing. Got it working BUT, did lose one feature. I lost the “printer” feature known as “Capture Fax BVRP”. You know, where I could just simply print any document or photo for that matter and choose “Capture Fax BVRP” as my printer and my Classic Phone Tools would open up and I could fax this document/photo. The Capture Fax BVRP is still there as a printer selection but, when I use it; a box comes up and seems to process it and then nothing happens. My Classic Phone Tools does not open and when I manually open the Classic Phone Tools there is nothing there to fax. A printer icon does appear on my bottom toolbar but, it is empty.

Any suggestions on getting this particular feature back? Thanks.

Driver and software taken from here:

http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=5633b

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64 bit-O.S.
    I.E. 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    Gateway FX510S
    Intel(R) Pentium® D 950 CPU 3.40GHz
    800 MHz FSB, 2x2MB cache non-HT EM64T
    Intel (Watsonville 2) 975x Motherboard
    BIOS WT97510J.15A.2039.2006.0825.0358
    600-Watt power supply
    4.0 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS Graphics Card

U.S. Robotics External USB 56K Fax Modem Model 5633B
    U.S. Robotics BVRP Phone Tools Faxing Software
    Classic Phone Tools (about)
    Multimedia Software Version 9.03
    Windows Vista Home Premium (6.00.6001)
    Service Pack 1
    Pentium Mode
    Ram Memory 0MB
    Memory Used 0%
    U.S. Robotics 56K Faxmodem USB (1/1)
    Modem Management Enabled

2. Lexonex

Lexonex Thread Starter

http://forums.avanquestusa.com/aq/showthread.php?t=5741

Alright; no big deal. I just can’t fax say a multiple page PDF file by simply clicking on print and select “Capture Fax BVRP” as my printer. The new free BVRP Phone Tools DOES work with my 64 bit O.S. I can still fax any document but, must “save as” the individual PFD file pages in .jpg images and they will fax just fine individually. Any word document I must save as .rtf (Rich Text Format) and that will fax just fine.

Bottom line, SP1 has been successfully installed and everything is working. Maybe a little differently, but IS working………

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703267

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice