Lost Administrator Account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

justretired

Hello,

My son’slaptop (Windows 7 Home) had the Ransom Trojan. The Trojan is gone but he also deleted access to Administrator whentrying to get rid of the ransom screen. He only has access to Guest and cannotcreate another administrator account.

I havetried:

1. Trying to show the hidden administratoraccount in safe mode but it says access denied.

2. Adding a user at the command promptbut I get access denied.

3. Using the backup CD but I get anerror message.

Would anupgrade to Windows 8 work?

Anyideas? Thanks

TerryNet

Terry
My suggestion is to reinstall--or recovery or restore to factory defaults--Windows 7.

Or, as you ask, you could buy and install Windows 8 assuming it is compatible with the PC and software that's used.

justretired

Thank you, Terry. I will try anu upgrade to 8....I will let you know if it works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts