1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lost adminstrator password in window xp professional

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fanielroman, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanielroman

fanielroman Thread Starter

I forgot my administrator password and can only log into guest. When I log into I can't do anything because access is denied. Do I need to install the operating system again? Even booting in safe mode required a password for the administrator.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Unless there is no password- you often see the password prompt box, but there is no password, so just try pressing the Enter key to log on.

It's not clear to me, whether you mean a personal user account at Admin level......or, the actual Administrator account. These are two different accounts.....

There is no other help except this from Microsoft, >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321305

If there actually was a typed password, and you have forgotten it, there is nothing we can help you with because that is a violation of our terms of use for this site. I have to Close your thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975330

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice