1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost All Emails And Addresses When I Deleted Ms Outlook

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by picket, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. picket

picket Thread Starter

I recently purchased the new MS Office 2007 - Home and Student Edition. I was upgrading from a previous MS Office 2003 Professional Edition. I used to work out of my home and required MS Office Pro in those days and then when MS brought out Office 2007 - I no longer needed the MS Office Pro license (as I was now working at the office full-time) so I bought the Home and Student Edition for my home computers (although I bought 10 licenses of the MS Office Pro edition for my office.) I was constantly getting a message when I would try and download templates and clipart from MS website that my previous 2003 version was the professional version and my upgrade was the Home and Student version so it wouldn't let me download anything. I did some research and discovered that the best way to handle this would be to delete MS Office Pro -2003.
    YIKES - I did not realize that MS Outlook was part of the Pro edition and I lost all my emails, addresses, plane tickets, theatre tickets, everything that I had filed in my emails. Do you have any idea how I might be able to get this back - I still have unused licenses of the MS Office 2007 Pro Edition if that would help. Any suggestions that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!:eek:

2. Hughv

Hughv

Try a search for "Outlook.pst" which will contain your messages. This may have been overwritten by your new install.
    Be sure to learn how to backup your new program.

3. picket

picket Thread Starter

I found the outlook.pst in my backup files - and am unsure how to restore them? Do you think I should purchase the MS Outlook program or can I restore them to the MS Outlook Express program? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. Hughv

Hughv

5. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Uninstalling Outlook usually doesn't delete the data. The default location is:
    %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst

You may be able to just re-install Outlook 2003 and use it along with the 2007 version, and find all your data still there.

Outlook Express can also import from Outlook, at least while Outlook is installed.

HTH

Jerry

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!