Lost all Firefox bookmarks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cadman62

After the latest Firefox update I've lost ALL my bookmarks, HELP

Couriant

James
Sometimes FireFox will create a folder called Old Firefox data on the desktop. Do you see that by chance?

Here is a link for you to troubleshoot. It may be that FireFox created a new profile.

cadman62

I've gone over that info for ever and nothing seems to work. When I go to the 'import and backup' then 'restore' it only shows the most recent one and none other

TerryNet

Terry
Do you (now) have multiple Firefox profiles or just the one?

If multiple profiles do none of them have bookmarks or bookmark backups?

cadman62

Yes there are, a few were empty folders under Bookmarkbackups, and there were a couple but only went back as far as after FF did that update. Man oh man if you guys could help me it would be wonderful. I had over 50 bookmarks!

Couriant

James
Did you create an account in FireFox by chance? There is a sign in/sync option where it will sync your bookmarks to the cloud so you can retrieve them at anytime.

cadman62

At some point, I think it was the 1st of the 2 days I've been on this chase, I remember creating a FF account. I will go in there and try it.

TerryNet

Terry
Not sure I can help. I've mysteriously lost most or all my Firefox bookmarks a number of times but have always been able to recover via the backups or by syncing with another not-yet-messed-up system. Of course I also have multiple backups of my profile.

cadman62

yes...don't know where syncing can help me...and now, also, every time I start the p.c. ALL the new bookmarks I've been putting in the toolbar are gone...strange

plodr

Liz
I never sync. My husband doesn't need to see my bookmarks and I don't need to see his.

I regularly backup my FF bookmarks and put the file on a USB stick. I might do this once a month because I don't save that many new bookmarks. If you save a lot, you might want to backup more often.

My home page, protopage, even allows me to have a page of bookmarks.
Screenshot 2021-09-05 4.54.22 PM.png

I don't have all my bookmarks but I have some I don't want to lose.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online