1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost Bookmarks in Google Chrome, Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wpfulton, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wpfulton

wpfulton Thread Starter

All of my Bookmarks in Google Chrome ( in Windows XP ) simply disappeared. I cannot even now find the Bookmarks or Bookmarks.bk folders in any of my Users. System Restore does not help. Any suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    System Info :

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1015 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family, 1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 35032 MB, Free - 8055 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0GD366
    Antivirus: Webroot SecureAnywhere, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. weirdtoys

weirdtoys

3. wpfulton

wpfulton Thread Starter

Thank you. I used that link and discovered that the solution offered didn't apply to this situation so I used it to eliminate what was not applicable ( sounds confusing, I know ). However , doing this led me back to a simple mysterious matter. In my Chrome Settings I discovered that in the "People" category a new identity named " Person 1 " had been created and was the dominant identity. I have no idea where it came from. I deleted " Person 1 " and defaulted to the original identity and everything I had lost was back. Perhaps this can help someone else who has mysterious disappearing bookmarks and history. Thanks again.

4. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Chrome isn't supported on Windows XP.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Google Chrome dropped support for Windows XP a couple of months ago.

I use Mozilla Firefox in Windows XP and have never used Google Chrome, so I don't know if the dropped support is contributing to the lost bookmarks issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!