Lost CD key

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AKA Arizona

We had a unit crash. (a hard physical crash) with smoke and everything. Any who the cd key is also missing......... how do I get my old key from the cd? I have tried the magic jelly bean program but he OS needs to be running for that 2 work. Microbrain has some real knuckle heads working for him, A side affect of drug abuse is paranoia. I need a work around, any ideas?

The CD key is not stored anywhere on the CD.

To do so would mean that every CD would be "unique" and a pain to manufacture.

The key is recognised by the CD (as is any other key in the accepted range) but never stored there.

First Name
Bryan
The key is listed on the cover of the manual you get with Windows XP. If you don't have the manual, call Microsoft and they can provide you with a new key. I've called them twice in the past and had no problems getting a key from them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online