lost cdrom due to stupidity

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kpkrew

I cant get the cdrom working on my dell latitude laptop cpia.
I was fixing up a cheap compaq deskpro computer and down loaded the cd drivers for it of the net I then (stupidly)put the floppy in my laptop to have a look at it,my mistake was I put it in before turning the laptop on .it then booted of the floppy and all hell broke lose.it's done something funnywith the grafics and the cdrom wont work.In my computer it dosn't show a cdrom drive. The floppy still works on the external cable but not in the internal bay.the drivers it loaded were sp1649 & sp2948
any help would be appreciated

you probably have to run the system restore disk now. if dells have them. depending if what you did was a bios driver(i doubt it)
or not. you probably still have access to your cdrom out of windows.

kpkrew

managed to fix it by downloading the bay manager from the dell site.thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online