1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lost colour

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by amcmilla, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amcmilla

amcmilla Thread Starter

Help again please!

downloaded a game (which didn't work) and after that lost
    a lot of the colour from my wallpaper (the blue part) and also
    from the taskbar, dial-up internet access square (which were
    grey and have now gone white) and even the green from the start-up screen has gone pale. ###this sounds stupid###
    programs etc seem to be okay - right colour - but even when I've gone to the internet to re-download wallpaper it's still not the
    right colour. Tried changing colour settings - true colour, 256 colours etc but made no difference. My task bar is now white (and thus invisible) on a white page. What can I do? (I hate computers!)

2. Trish-AA

Trish-AA

Maybe try the ScanReg /Restore thing.
    If you don't know how...Post back.

3. Herring

Herring

I had a similar scary event the other day. Except it looks like you lost the blue, as I lost the red. I shut down my computer disconnected the monitor from the back of the computer, and then reconnected it. Turned the computer back on and it was ok again.
    I don't know why this happened. But here are a couple of my thoughts.
    All color that you see on your monitor is made up from 3 colors Red, Green, Blue (RGB) so I imagine it was something from either the monitor or the video card. Didn't find an explanation anywhere yet.

BTW I hooked up the monitor to an older computer and it worked fine, but then again it worked when I plugged it back into this one, so there's nothing. :confused:

4. amcmilla

amcmilla Thread Starter

:) Thanks heaps for your replies guys. After a very frustrating night trying everything, somehow I got into advanced colour display - somewhere!..couldn't do it again if I tried..and moved a pointer a fraction...and all came good. I didn't know that running some program could alter all your settings..and I hate to touch these things in case I can't get back to where it was. But its nice to know that there's people out there that care to help. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61710

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice