1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lost connection after installing office14

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sweetcheekies, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sweetcheekies

sweetcheekies Thread Starter

I lost my network connection after installing Microsoft office 2010.. what can I do to get it back ? I know it is this as i have been fussing with my computer all day.. I created a system restore point just before I installed it.. had network connection.. installed office 2010 and now once I rebooted I dont.. I am running Win 7 enterprise.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Best to get assistance from your IT department.

If you do a System Restore to that restore point is the networking restored?

I know what Office 2010 is, but what is office 14?

3. sweetcheekies

yea if i do a system restore it works.. and sorry office14 is the office 2010.. that is just what the folder is called and i put that when i was typing sorry

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'm at a loss trying to think what could possibly be happening. Please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

5. sweetcheekies

yea see its not just with that program I tried to install windows live messenger 11 and the same thing. .something is conflicting with my network connection when I install certain things

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I say that because we don't want to mess too much with company computers, and the IT dept. may have a group policy or security suite that is deliberately or accidentally causing this.

7. sweetcheekies

HMMM its not a company computer.. I got the enterprise because I wanted to put it on the 4 computers I have at home.. where i bought it suggested enterprise because of that reason.. so its strictly my Win7. it seems to be windows live messenger interfering with it.. everytime I install that now it does it.. and i went back to microsoft office 2007 and that is fine on this computer but one of the others computers i left 2010 and its fine.. so it was conflicting with mine only.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Could be a non-Windows security application. Don't know exactly how, but they are capable of amazing mischief.

Windows Live 2011--especially Messenger and Mail--seem to be causing a never ending set of problems.

9. sweetcheekies

well I ended up leaving one computer on win7 and my other MAIN computer back on Vista.. for now.. and I found out today that my internet provider has been having major issues as they are at their max bandwidth allocation ( they will be increasing that in the next 2weeks) we are through a very small independant phone company ( one of the last remaining in canada) .. so that did not help either as the internet was on then off etc..so maybe once they get that fixed i will retry it.. thanks again for all the help :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice