Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lost data

Solved 
617 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
Hi
I use jpgs to capture hundreds of data items.
Recently I was running very short on memory, so did a disk cleanup which did release some free memory. However, I have now lost all my jpgs. The folders are intact, but the jpgs are a gonna.
I need serious help to try and recover the lost data. PLEASE HELP.
Ken

#6 ·
The very first thing to do is to stop using the drive on which these files previously were stored. The more you use the drive, the less your chance of recovering the data. If this drive was the system drive, pull it out and connect it to a working system. Run multiple recovery programs on the drive. One free one is recuva [free download]

If you cannot pull out the drive, the other option is to boot the system with a linux live usb such as parted magic [no longer free]

If either of those two options are not viable for you, you can ship the drive to a data recovery shop. Do get an estimate; data recovery is NOT cheap. A very basic recovery using just software runs around $200 [where I live] plus the cost of whatever media you want the recovered data copied to; you cannot recover to the same drive you are scanning.

#7 ·
The thread is closed (except to admins and mods) because of no reply for almost two months. The recommended procedure, Ken, is to Report with a request for us to reopen the thread. Then you will be able to post here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.