1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lost data

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mchreidi, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mchreidi

mchreidi Thread Starter

hello everyone

i had a<windows root > system 32 \hall.dllproblem after several attempts i was able to install windows xp pro and when i started my pc i foud that all my data was lost . is there any way i van recover that lost data and if there is any way how ? even i lost my internet connection . I tried to install AOL and that did not work .please help
    mc

2. PC_Wiz

PC_Wiz

When you reinstalled the OS, did you perform a clean install or an implace upgrade or repair?

Clean install wipe out the drive - format reinstall
    Repair - choose repair option
    Implace upgrade reinstalled windows over itself

Also are all the old application available or you had to reinstall them?

If you look at C:\ Document and Settings do you see your old profile which contains the old data?
    Have you tried to do a search for the all data using windows search?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!