Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Data

918 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  pict99 
#1 ·
My Mobo is a Quad Core Duron with 4Gb ram.
I kept all my important data on a 1TB sata drive.

After purchasing two 500Gb identical drives, I took the data drive out and installed a Sata Raid0 on the two drives. I then installed Window7 64Bit ultimate on the striped raid array.
All went well.

My catastophy began when I shut down and attached the Data drive, as it rebooted, the Raid included the Data drive in the array and procedded to stripe it.
I have now lost all of my data.

I know now, that I should have told the mobo to use only sata 1 and two, and not 1 2 3 and 4.

My question is, can I recover this data or at least some of it ?

I did a "quick format" of the drive and ran a couple of recovery programs but all they saw was the "striped"
Windows stuff carried over from the two 500Gb drives.

Apart from that, nothing has been written to the drive.

Any help appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi pict99 and welcome to TSG

It's a shame your formatted your drive and why did you do this? Some software can recover from external drives but I don't think they can recover all data. There are free programs but I think the paid-for ones might be better but they never guarantee a full recover.

Hopefully someone else on TSG will be able to help you further.
Have a look at this link

http://askbobrankin.com/recover_deleted_files.html

#5 ·
I have been using Easeus for the last few days and am having some success.
However, some files are "locked for editing". Some Word Docs and some Excel workbooks.
There were made with older versions of Office but I would have thought the latest version of Office would have allowed me access.
All data and everthing else on the disk is mine.No one else has ever had access to the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.