1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost Data

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pict99, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pict99

pict99 Thread Starter

My Mobo is a Quad Core Duron with 4Gb ram.
    I kept all my important data on a 1TB sata drive.

After purchasing two 500Gb identical drives, I took the data drive out and installed a Sata Raid0 on the two drives. I then installed Window7 64Bit ultimate on the striped raid array.
    All went well.

My catastophy began when I shut down and attached the Data drive, as it rebooted, the Raid included the Data drive in the array and procedded to stripe it.
    I have now lost all of my data.

I know now, that I should have told the mobo to use only sata 1 and two, and not 1 2 3 and 4.

My question is, can I recover this data or at least some of it ?

I did a "quick format" of the drive and ran a couple of recovery programs but all they saw was the "striped"
    Windows stuff carried over from the two 500Gb drives.

Apart from that, nothing has been written to the drive.

Any help appreciated.

2. Morny

Morny

Hi pict99 and welcome to TSG

It's a shame your formatted your drive and why did you do this? Some software can recover from external drives but I don't think they can recover all data. There are free programs but I think the paid-for ones might be better but they never guarantee a full recover.

Hopefully someone else on TSG will be able to help you further.
    Have a look at this link

http://askbobrankin.com/recover_deleted_files.html

3. Blare

Blare

Hi, pict99
    It is exactly difficult to recover your all data with the help of some data recovery software.However, you can have a try and get your data back as much as possible! In my mind, there is a free and professional software that can be useful for you.You can get something useful information from here:

http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm#2

4. Morny

Morny

However, Disk Doctors NTFS Data Recovery, is not a free product but I wonder if it is superior to Easeus?

5. pict99

pict99 Thread Starter

I have been using Easeus for the last few days and am having some success.
    However, some files are "locked for editing". Some Word Docs and some Excel workbooks.
    There were made with older versions of Office but I would have thought the latest version of Office would have allowed me access.
    All data and everthing else on the disk is mine.No one else has ever had access to the PC.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/922957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice