1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost display adapter and screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by robertoathome, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robertoathome

robertoathome Thread Starter

OK,I really hope this forum can help. New system built 2 months ago I was updating my radeon 1950pro's driver and accidentally deleted teh display adapter in device manager. Needless to say at the next reboot I lost the ability to see anything passed the window black welcome scrreen with the lil blu scrolling bar on the bottom. After that all goes black. I can hear in the background that window booted but no image. I also cannot boot in safe mode or s.m. with command prompt. It stops at the loading of the file JGOGO.sys. Any idea how I can reinstall any version of the display adapter?
    I'm VERY frustrated.

LianLi PC61
    Asus P5w-dh deluxe 975x
    PC P&C Silencer 610W EPS12V
    Conroe E6600
    HIS X1950Pro IceQ 256mb
    On boars sound Realtek ALC882M
    GSkill (PC2 6400) CL4D 2GBPK
    Saitek X52 no pedals.

2. The Hound

The Hound

Welcome to TSG...

Jgogo.sys (and another--jraid.xxx) are Jmicron RAID controller drivers...

Your specs don't talk about your HDD's--

3. robertoathome

HI.

I have no RAID setup. I have one sata 400gig with XP and a second 320gig IDE for data. I 'could' install a second xp version on the slave IDE for dual boot to look at the sata hard drive and maybe replace some files or registy so that a standard vga adapter can be seen by the system.
    I really don't want to format or run System Repair from the xp ( SP2) cd. Repair has only created problems in the past.

I looked all over the BIOS. Isn't there a setting to re-install / re-enable the display adapter?
    Thanks!!!! :eek:

4. The Hound

The Hound

I know it might take a while to sort back out afterward, but have you tried loading failsafe/default bios settings?

>>Edit: It's on the 'exit' screen...

5. robertoathome

I have tried the F5 ( load default settings ) and I have removed the battery and flushed the cmos but I haven't seen the option you mentioned.
    Can you elaborate on this options and which one is the exit screen?
    I'll check it as soon as I get home.
    Thanks,

6. The Hound

The Hound

Here's a screenshot from the mobo manual--I think pressing F5 should have done the same...

I'm having a hard time figuring out why windows isn't using a default vga adapter driver if it can't find drivers for the PCI express card...

Maybe you could remove the video card...boot without it (you won't get far)...shut down, reinstall the card, and see what happens.

7. The Hound

The Hound

Sorry.. forgot to attach the attachment--now it's attached.

Attached Files:

8. robertoathome

Yes, :( that's the same as F5 but I'll try again.
    I'm having the same hard time as u. It's odd.
    I did boot without the vid card and heard the immediate 4 beeps. Reinstalled, bootup but to no avail.

How about, somehow, connecting to the pc from may other pc via...lan, telnet,....and repair something? Any idea what registry or files can be changed ?

9. The Hound

The Hound

Can you try another vid card? You might try a legacy PCI card....

10. robertoathome

That's my second item on the list for when I get home, after backing up everything :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!