lost document

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lynnehgn

I have Microsoft Vista and Microsoft Word 2007. STUPID ME did not save the document at all! Never did that before. Did my document in Word, and wanted to paste into Notepad. Hit Cntrl C to copy, then hit enter by mistake instead of Cntrl V to paste. The document disappeared! Can't find it anywhere. Can I get it back somehow? HELP!

valis

if you haven't copied anything else, or rebooted your pc, it could still be on the clipboard. Try opening word and hitting ctrl-v. Unless told to do otherwise, the clipboard will hold whatever's on there as long as the pc has juice.

lynnehgn

if you haven't copied anything else, or rebooted your pc, it could still be on the clipboard. Try opening word and hitting ctrl-v. Unless told to do otherwise, the clipboard will hold whatever's on there as long as the pc has juice.
I checked that. It was a 2 page document and I was starting to copy the first page. That's the one that got lost. The second page is on the clipboard. I thought maybe there was something like a "temporary file" but can't seem to find that. Thanks for your answer!

valis

well, in that case, it's pretty much gone. The clipboard is 'volatile' memory, which means that once something is copied onto it, it dumps the old data and keeps the new until THAT is copied over, or the power is turned off.

Sorry, but I think you are going to have to recreate that one......

lynnehgn

well, in that case, it's pretty much gone. The clipboard is 'volatile' memory, which means that once something is copied onto it, it dumps the old data and keeps the new until THAT is copied over, or the power is turned off.

Sorry, but I think you are going to have to recreate that one......
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. thanks anyway!

valis

sorry, kiddo......wish I could be the bearer of better news......have you checked your recent documents list in word? If you have autosave on, it will be in there somewhere.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online