Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost download for Win10 upgrade

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
I downloaded the upgrade as instructed and when it reached the 100% mark, everything stopped. The download took me 5 hours! (I don't have a very good ISP speed in my area). The problem is, where is the download now? I've searched the 'downloads' file and I cannot seem to find it. Maybe it has been placed in a separate file of its own. Could you please tell me what the name of the file might be and where I may be able to find it.

1. Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 0 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3542 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8240, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 933853 MB, Free - 820243 MB; D: Total - 18503 MB, Free - 2266 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AFD
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

#2 ·
#4 ·
you will need to view hidden files
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/check-windows-10-started-installing-pc

You should be able to use this mediacreation tool
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
and upgrade the PC

Have you backed up all your data - in case anything goes wrong
and also
Have you checked the PC is compatible with windows 10 and the PC manufacturer has windows 10 drivers available
Thank you Wayne for your reply. As far as I know, my computer was backed up by a Macrium Reflect program into a separate drive.
I have downloaded the media creation tool OK. Again as far as I know my Win 8.1 is compatible and at the moment, all my drivers are all up to date.
Having checked my computer for hidden files, I am reasonable sure there is no previous download of Win10 on my computer.

#3 ·
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 0 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3542 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8240, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 933853 MB, Free - 820243 MB; D: Total - 18503 MB, Free - 2266 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AFD
Not to get off the subject here, but that HP has an AMD E1-2500 APU 1.40 GHz dual core processor which has an average benchmark score of only 878 and which has integrated AMD Radeon HD 8240 graphics which has an average benchmark score of only 281.
Your internet speed from your ISP may not be fast, but I'm guessing your HP is not fast either.

What's the model name and complete model number of that HP?
What's the exact product number(P/N) on it?

--------------------------------------------------------------

#6 ·
All HP computers have one or more stickers/labels on their cases.
The model number and product number will be on them.
Once yours is correctly identified, I can provide you with its hardware specifications list.
I just wanted to make you aware that you have a low-performing one, so I don't believe it's going to run Windows 10 very well.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.