1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost download for Win10 upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by bussoboy, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bussoboy

bussoboy Thread Starter

I downloaded the upgrade as instructed and when it reached the 100% mark, everything stopped. The download took me 5 hours! (I don't have a very good ISP speed in my area). The problem is, where is the download now? I've searched the 'downloads' file and I cannot seem to find it. Maybe it has been placed in a separate file of its own. Could you please tell me what the name of the file might be and where I may be able to find it.

1. Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
      OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
      Processor: AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 0 Stepping 1
      Processor Count: 2
      RAM: 3542 Mb
      Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8240, 512 Mb
      Hard Drives: C: Total - 933853 MB, Free - 820243 MB; D: Total - 18503 MB, Free - 2266 MB;
      Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AFD
      Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Not to get off the subject here, but that HP has an AMD E1-2500 APU 1.40 GHz dual core processor which has an average benchmark score of only 878 and which has integrated AMD Radeon HD 8240 graphics which has an average benchmark score of only 281.
    Your internet speed from your ISP may not be fast, but I'm guessing your HP is not fast either.

What's the model name and complete model number of that HP?
    What's the exact product number(P/N) on it?

--------------------------------------------------------------

4. bussoboy

bussoboy Thread Starter

Thank you Wayne for your reply. As far as I know, my computer was backed up by a Macrium Reflect program into a separate drive.
    I have downloaded the media creation tool OK. Again as far as I know my Win 8.1 is compatible and at the moment, all my drivers are all up to date.
    Having checked my computer for hidden files, I am reasonable sure there is no previous download of Win10 on my computer.

5. bussoboy

bussoboy Thread Starter

Thanks Flavallee, I have checked my computer and cannot find any more details of my processor apart from those already described. Could you please advise me where I can view the part number of that item.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    All HP computers have one or more stickers/labels on their cases.
    The model number and product number will be on them.
    Once yours is correctly identified, I can provide you with its hardware specifications list.
    I just wanted to make you aware that you have a low-performing one, so I don't believe it's going to run Windows 10 very well.

--------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1168696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice