1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost e-mails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by got2know, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. got2know

got2know Thread Starter

I uninstalled incredimail on my work computer (XP) and reinstalled outlook express. When I did this I did not import my e-mails. Will it be possible to recover them with a file recovery Program?

Alternatively, I checked some of them via web-mail from home. Would it be possible to retrieve some of them from my home computer? It has not had any intstalls done, however the browser cache has been emptied.

2. Bruce319

Bruce319

You can set up Outlook Express with the proper pop and stmp to retrieve your email from your isp. However, some isp may not have this feature like aol. Since I never heard of your isp, see if there's instructions in your isp help menu to allow this feature.
    To recover your lost data, I don't think any over the counter recovery programs can recover your lost emails. They are mostly use to recover data on a hard drive that can't be read or recently crashed, not to recover deleted/uninstall data.

3. got2know

got2know Thread Starter

Incredimail is an application, not an ISP. The e-mails have already been downloaded from the server and saved to the application. The application was then un-installed.

4. sekirt

sekirt

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168800

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice