1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by grandpaw7, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

I use Hotmail, and whiile I have the Hotmail account in Outlook Express I never look there. But today I did look and found a large supply of old and new mail there. Forgetting that by deleting Hotmal in OE I also delete it in Hotmail, I deleted all the OE mail, even though I wanted to keep it in Hotmail. I then realized my mistake. I went to OE's Deleted Mail and found it there. Then, my second mistake. I forgot that I need to highlight items before trying to move them from Deleted Mail to my OE Inbox. So, with nothing highlighted, I went to Edit and clicked on Move to Another Folder, and chose Inbox. The Deleted Mail folder went empty but nothing showed up in the Inbox. I presume that the stuff is lost forever, but just in case I'm wrong and somehow the stuff is still on my hard drive, and someone out there has an idea how to retrieve it, I thought I'd pose the situation here. Thanks, grandpaw7

2. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

As long as yopu haven't compacted your OE folders yet they (the msgs) should still be there and can be retreived with DBXTract written by M.S M.V.P. Dr Steve Cochran...it's also FREE..instruction are included/on the website; but post back if ya need a hand

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222981

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice