Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Emails on Incredimail2

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  LauraMJ 
#1 ·
I have a Windows Vista, Sony VAIO VN-NS235J Laptop with 4GB Memory. I have used Incredimail;) for years without any problem. Yesterday, I installed the Incredimail2 file and kapooey - I can no longer use it. When I click on Send/Receive emails it shows that I am receiving them but my email window stays blank and I get nothing. When trying to send a Test Email to myself, it does not even register in my Sent Folder.

I have investigated this issue and have gone in to my Firewall to make sure that the 4 necessary files are allowed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled (no, I was not smart enough to save my Old Incredimail files) with absolutely NO luck. I have deleted and added my email accounts over again with NO luck. I use Comcast as my server and do not use either Hotmail, Gmail or Outlook.

I get NO error messages and sometimes now my computer freezes.

I have lost 2 days of emails; some of which were actually important. They have to be somewhere!

Can you help me?

#2 ·
When you say you did not save your old IM files, does this mean you did a clean uninstall of your old IM?

Have you tried doing a clean uninstall of IM2?

Or were both done as a regular uninstall?

#4 ·
If you did a "generic" uninstall, there are still back up files in your computer, just in case you want to reinstall the program in the future.......you will not have to start from scratch. Most people rely on this when uninstalling and reinstalling so that they can pretty much pick up where they left off. Doing this does fix the majority of problems, but sometimes the problem is that one of the backup files is corrupted, so you keep reinstalling a corrupted file.

If you don't have anything you absolutely have to have from the old, original installation, thenI would do a clean uninstall of IM and try to download it fresh. I don't have IM2, I still have IMxe.....I know how to manually do a clean uninstall of IMxe, but I don't know if that would work the same for IM2. However, I have found this page:

http://help.incredimail.com/incredi...e.aspx?article_id=318&lang_id=9&referrer_id=1

Clicking on the link provided for doing a clean uninstall evidently provides you with a specific uninstaller tool that will remove all traces of your IM2.

Now, before you do that, if there is something you want to try to recover later, I can probably help you find where IM2 saves the backups........they are most likely in the same folder that IMxe uses. If you just want to start over, then do the clean uninstall and download a fresh copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.