1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Neetie, Nov 14, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Neetie

Neetie Thread Starter

For reasons unknown I cannot find some important emails sent in Yahoomail earlier this year. When I seach in the sent folder or even in the in box I only get the emails I received. This is causing me alot of trouble as there are important documents there. It seems to be a new problem..Can anyone help. It is the same whether I use my PC or my ipad
    Neetie

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Which app, if any, did you use to send the emails? Or did you use the web based email?

If from an app located on a device it may not have created a copy in the "Sent" folder on the web (and therefore on other devices) It could be in the "Sent" folder of that particular device.

3. Neetie

Neetie Thread Starter

I don’t use an app

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I've used Yahoo mail since 1999.
    I just checked my sent folder and I have emails in there from January 2018.
    I have no idea why yours disappeared.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Liz, does Yahoo WebMail have an indexing function, similar to outlook?

6. Neetie

Neetie Thread Starter

Now this is really weird I started looking through my various email folders,not just the sent or in box and found a folder called Documents I have never knowingly sent anything to this folder but when I looked , and I have scrolled back as 2009, I found dozens of received and sent emails, letters emails, jokes, recipes bereavement notices and announcements...how were these selected
    Neetie and how did they get into this folder. If anyone can explain this to me I would really be grateful.
    BTW I did find the document that I was initially looking for.
    One of these days when I have nothing better to do I will do a triage of this folder and get rid of the irrelevant items

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    James I've never used Outlook so I don't know what an indexing function is.
    All my email is done on various websites ( 4 I look in daily, 2 about once every 2 weeks and 2 about once every few months) and the messages are stored in folders I create on their servers.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I meant reindexing... it's basically resets the search so any emails that wasn't in a search query should show up because the original index gets corrupt.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice