Lost files from Cut and Paste

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jrg

Help please, I was trying to cut and paste a file of pictures into My Pictures directory but I had one picture open. This caused an error so I closed the picture and went to do it again, as I normally would but the original folder had gone, some not all of the remaining pictures had moved to my pictures directory, but i can't find the remaining files.

jrg

Yes have now checked the Recycle Bin and Norton Protected files. I have some files deleted from Windows\System32\Wbem\Repository\FS these are Image.map and Objects.mpa files. Could these be them. These are all pictures of my baby girls just after they were born. So stupid of me not to have a backup. Thought I did but I don't

jrg

FOUND THEM. Somehow the file has been renamed to My Pictures file.

Del

Great, they call that self-help..
If it's self help, then you didn't need help to begin with??
George Carlin

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Originally posted by jrg:
FOUND THEM. Somehow the file has been renamed to My Pictures file.
Probably time to make a backup before they take another walk. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online