Lost Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hylo

I was downloading a very large file overnight and burning a cd at the same time. Something happened and the computer locked up from burning the cd. When I checked the file I was downloading it said 0 bytes under the properties. I know that I had downloaded a majority of it, so is there a way to recover it? Thanks.

hylo
Welcome to TSG!
Unfortunatly even if your download was found in the temp file area it will be incomplete and probably useless. You may have to reinitiate another download and let your computer alone to do its work. By doing several major operations at once you ran out of resources and caused a lock-up. I am surprised the burner did not time out due to a buffer underrun while the download was occuring.
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online