Tech Support Guy banner

Lost Friends

19K views 123 replies 24 participants last post by  Izme 
#1 ·
I was checking out my long list of friends and most of them no longer post for whatever reason.
I'm concerned about many of them, there's been no feedback, I miss them greatly, some became close friends and suddenly no word from any of them!:(

I hope they read this and get in touch just to let me know they're ok..

I've counted more than 60 who are no longer around!:eek: that's quite shocking, they either just leave or something has happened to them, either way I'd like to know to put my mind at rest..

Reactions: grandma77
#2 ·
There are a number of reasons for people not being around anymore Dotty. Not the least of which is that we're getting older and have different priorities, and the fact that a lot of Social Networks have sprung up lately... TSG was quite the Social Network for a while and still is to a lesser extent... ;) I remember almost all of these folks back when we had some great conversations...

When the mood hits me I look back at the beginning of some of the threads that members posted and have flashbacks all over again...Impressive was the number of people who participated in the threads....:up: (Check on the start of the 'Up Beat News' thread started by Shadow Bea.) It started in 2002 and might be the longest running thread at TSG....:cool:

I guess in the end we just hang on to what we got and add to the conversations to make for Good Experiences at TSG..;)

#3 ·
With 725,529 Members and people come and are new at the forum and it's all a new thing they can be here all day and night.
Me and some others used to have fun posting and reading all new post every night. Be about 20 of us here total at night. But now look at how many are here. Currently Active Users: 1958 (13 members and 1945 guests) But most of those people are still around but just went to do other things.

#4 ·
There are a number of reasons for people not being around anymore Dotty. Not the least of which is that we're getting older and have different priorities, and the fact that a lot of Social Networks have sprung up lately... TSG was quite the Social Network for a while and still is to a lesser extent... ;) I remember almost all of these folks back when we had some great conversations...

When the mood hits me I look back at the beginning of some of the threads that members posted and have flashbacks all over again...Impressive was the number of people who participated in the threads....:up: (Check on the start of the 'Up Beat News' thread started by Shadow Bea.) It started in 2002 and might be the longest running thread at TSG....:cool:

I guess in the end we just hang on to what we got and add to the conversations to make for Good Experiences at TSG..;)
I get what you're saying but I've had very close friends here, some I've even spoken with on the telephone then all of a sudden they're no longer around, no word to say they're taking a break or just can't be here any more for whatever the reasons, that's what I feel it's strange that some members just disappear
You're right in one respect, TSG is no longer the social network it once was, I know first and foremost it's a computer/Techie site but over a period of time friendships develop that's how the social side came into being, it made the site seem friendlier but things have noticeably changed though I can only speak from my own point of view.
Thankfully the site is here for when we need help which I do appreciate:)

#5 ·
There are also Memories here....And some of them are popular....Check out the old archived CD section....:cool: It still attracts a lot of views and there are a great number of old members piping in...:up: I feel the sadness in you Dotty because I'm sad, too. I've met a lot of people I like to be around...And then Time interjects itself.....

#6 ·
I like to go down memory lane and that's what I've being doing lately and you're right, I am sad for different reasons, friendships I've made here have spanned the years,some have continued outside of TSG, sadly some friends have passed away, others have simply disappeared altogether without a word which I find difficult to comprehend. I'm not talking just about members that I interact with on game threads but throughout the TSG community where they have become special to me.

If not for TSG I'd never have flown to America and met RT! it can be life changing for some and I know others will say folk are busy and move on but dear friends don't usually do so without a mention which does bother me as I'm aware some were in poor health and others just vanished!

Perhaps I care too much? I'm not sure that is the case but I feel the change deeply.
TSG has been a great place for pc help but it went one step further and became a community which is why it has had many loyal members.

I also think because we come from different countries we tend to think differently on some subjects and this has been one of them..

#8 ·
yep, it's happened to me too but I don't let it deter me from forming new friendships, you learn by experience, there are good people out there so never say never or you could be missing out on new experiences that you can have with others.

I'm perhaps more guarded after my best friend hurt me a few years ago, we'd known one another for many years and I trusted her unconditionally, sadly I found I was wrong to do so.

I'll never have another best friend because trust is an issue but I can have less meaningful relationships with others without becoming involved, once bitten twice shy

#9 ·
I like to go down memory lane and that's what I've being doing lately and you're right, I am sad for different reasons, friendships I've made here have spanned the years,some have continued outside of TSG, sadly some friends have passed away, others have simply disappeared altogether without a word which I find difficult to comprehend. I'm not talking just about members that I interact with on game threads but throughout the TSG community where they have become special to me.

If not for TSG I'd never have flown to America and met RT! it can be life changing for some and I know others will say folk are busy and move on but dear friends don't usually do so without a mention which does bother me as I'm aware some were in poor health and others just vanished!

Perhaps I care too much? I'm not sure that is the case but I feel the change deeply.
TSG has been a great place for pc help but it went one step further and became a community which is why it has had many loyal members.

I also think because we come from different countries we tend to think differently on some subjects and this has been one of them..
I thought I'd bump this up because I think it could wake up some memories of our members to share....:cool:

#20 ·
If not for TSG I'd never have flown to America and met RT!
Dotty, if not for TSG, I'd never flown to the UK! :) Well, except for the fact I knew you would be there ;)

I too, have thought about many of the folks I've met on TSG, but for whatever reason, I don't visit the site much these days...perhaps this will change now. I know some of our friends are gone, but their spirits will live in our memories, and their posts. I certainly appreciate the kindness and caring that so many have shown to me and others in this forum, and hope that remains one of the benchmarks of the TSG community.
Thanks to ekim68 for giving me heads up on this thread, and to Dotty...for sharing her feelings and thoughts so openly. She often says what we all think or feel, but sometimes we hesitate to speak about it ourselves...Dotty is a good friend to all of the TSG folks, and I am unanimous in that! :)

#23 ·
Dotty, if not for TSG, I'd never flown to the UK! :) Well, except for the fact I knew you would be there ;)

I too, have thought about many of the folks I've met on TSG, but for whatever reason, I don't visit the site much these days...perhaps this will change now. I know some of our friends are gone, but their spirits will live in our memories, and their posts. I certainly appreciate the kindness and caring that so many have shown to me and others in this forum, and hope that remains one of the benchmarks of the TSG community.
Thanks to ekim68 for giving me heads up on this thread, and to Dotty...for sharing her feelings and thoughts so openly. She often says what we all think or feel, but sometimes we hesitate to speak about it ourselves...Dotty is a good friend to all of the TSG folks, and I am unanimous in that! :)
Nice to see you here Randy, you've been missed! I guess we all need a break sometimes but we don't forget our friends and eventually we find our way back.

I'm quite an open book and don't hold things in,I like to share my feelings and at times I've spilled my guts so to speak!

There's been lots of laughter here and sometimes tears too but we know we have good friends that will support us when need be.

My lowest point was losing my mum, it's said that time heals but I don't believe that is true, as time goes by I miss her more and wish I could turn back the clock in many respects, short of a miracle it isn't going to happen but it would sure be nice if I could! :)

Reactions: RT
#24 ·
Kind of funny ... I am updating a lecture and wanted a screenshot example of a forum and thought of TSG ... couldn't remember my login details so did a search for randy and found this thread ...

I'm alive and well and still think about the friends I made here, even though it seems I am only popping in for a minute or so every 2 years.

Harry (heewee) .... remember the image you doctored of my daughter about 11-13 years ago? I posted a picture of her and you put her head on a princess in a nature setting ... just thought I'd share an update of my beautiful 14 1/2 year old princess now and my son who is almost 3 ... oh, and I got a bike this past Sunday and now cycle to work!

;)

Smile Arm Sleeve Waist Shorts
Nose Cheek Head Outerwear Neck
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle helmet Jeans

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
So Dotty... most kind of you to reply as you did,
as of this comment, you have now posted in response to TWO Randy's, both G and T... and your lovely sweet Mum would have called us both "Andy" :) A priceless memory for me, perhaps a shock to " 'Andy G"!

Not so sure I'm missed 'round here, so much as I miss the folks 'round here... been a long time, and things change.
think I'll stick on this here new fangled forum awhile...see what happens... have no idea how this stuff works now...(sigh)

I must give thanks to Mike (ekim68) for making the effort to contact me, lord knows why...
:rolleyes: ... for a heads up on this thread...started by Dotty... Oh, the circles that life spins, good and bad, glad and sad...

Ya know I'm infamous for writing a bunch and posting, then deleting quickly....and a few folks saw what I deleted before it happened... former moderator AcaCandy caught me numerous times... so with due respect, I'm not gonna do that any more and just let every one be the judge ...
so there! (post or not...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.