1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sprky, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sprky

Sprky Thread Starter

I am using windows 98 SE on a WD 30 gig hard drive. I also have a Western Digital 120 gig as a second hard drive. Here's the problem; Windows now sees my second HD as a CD drive. When I go to device manager, it shows both HDs. Norton system information shows both HDs, but windows explorer sees a CD drive. I went to western digital and used their on line check and they recognized both drives and gave me the correct model numbers and serial numbers. I ran Western Digitals Diagnostics on both drives and it said there were no errors. I used windows start up disk to look at hard drives but it doesn't show up there either.
    This has been running on my system for a year without any problems.
    I did notice an incident about the same time. My clock was 23 min. slow. I reset the time and it has been correct ever since, however that was the first time it was ever more than a couple of seconds wrong. HELP!!!! Now i'm starting to panic.

2. Rockn

Rockn

3. Sprky

Sprky Thread Starter

when i type "attrib -h shelliconcache" i get "file not found".

4. Sprky

Sprky Thread Starter

There is not a letter assigned to the 120 gig hard drive in properties on device manager. Is there a way to manually assign a letter?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice