Lost hard drive...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

journey44

Hey everybody.....for one, first post!

I reinstalled WinXP home after getting an annoying virus/adware attack from one of my friends.

Now my Maxtor 200GB HDD isn't recognized in windows (It is in the Bios as your standard 137GB....)

Windows wants me to format it, but it has 120GB + of data on it that i feel like keeping

Installing all the windows updates now, and maxtors website is no help.....anyone?

Apply service pack 2 before doing anything else. You may also need to install drivers for your hard drive controller.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online