lost help files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mctech

I tried to go to help and it does not come up. when i go to find they are there but the file is empty? I used to have help files- what happened- how do i get them back???

Running a System File Checker (SFC) may fix the problem.

To do it select Start, Run, and type: sfc /scannow

Let us know if it worked.

Click Start \ Run \ and type: CMD and at the command prompt type sfc/scannow

mctech

iam getting a message that says files that are required for windows to run properly must ve copied to the dcc cache- insert your windows xp cd now

My question is will windows do a complete install if i put in the cd and will i lose all my other applications? Please answer

mctech

iam using win xp. when i type the cmd- iget the message to put in my win xp cd. I asked it i should do this. Please answer

yes there will be no harm or loss.If you do not feel comfortable with this you can do a windows repair from xp disc.boot computer from cd[xp] when you see welcome screen set up you will see options, choose to set up windows xp &press enter, do not, do not choose the R> accept the licence agreement & windows will search for for your installation from the list select thexp installiation you will want to repair from this list.You will not loose any files

mctech

my computer is now saying that i am not inserting the correct cd. it asked for the win xp cd and now does not recognize it!!!!

i hate computers.

mctech,

Do you have a original Windows XP CD, it what you need to use?

You can borrow one from a friend if you don't have one. As SFC must have found some corrupted Windows system files which is trying to replace.

mctech

Hi, I tried what you said and it has not fixed the problem.

can you suggest something else. I am a technical idiot and will need baby step instructions- sorry for this. Ineed my help files!!!

mctech

I was trying to reload my help files which I lost from my computer .How do i do this without reloading my win xp entirely???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online