1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lost home wireless connection aspire 3610 notebook

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jumper, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumper

jumper Thread Starter

All, I use a speadstream wireless router/modem to connect a generic pc (big yellow cable) and a wireless laptop for home. everything was going well until I decided I wanted to 'print' from my laptop, using the existing WiFi. I am not sure what I deleted or how ( ok I know how) but this is what I have now. Device manager tells me I no longer have pci modem driver. I attempted to re-instal etc and its gone...I went to the Acer UK site and tried to download the driver...didn't work. I am asking for help to regain the driver first, the other nonsence can wait
    "Regis I would like to use a lifeline.............

jumper

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

printing/wifi....what did you delete.

KNOWING, NOT TELLING DOESN'T HELP.

pci modem driver is for a dialup account and shouldn't affect printing/wifi.

3. jumper

jumper Thread Starter

I don't think that I deleted anything. I wanted to get the laptop to print using the existing wireless setup. I went into control panel, looking for existing wireless network properties etc. never did find them, but in the process I started creating a new connection, which never materialized either, after much searching for what I did wrong I realized that I have no connection to the speadstream wireless router and the light on the front of my acer laptop was blinking. I then went thru several re-boots, a system scan, and many other troubleshooting to get to device manager, the big yellow question mark in the PCI modem column. I right clicked and it told me that there are 'no driver supporting this device'. Shi....... I then connected the laptop directly using the big yellow cable, I was connected and attempted to download the PCI drivers. I wanted to download and reloaded as much as possible. About this time prior to actually downloading, the internet connection balloon popped up telling me my wireless was good to go. I went wireless for the amount of time it took for me to bring back device manager to check the flag, still flagged and lost the connection....I shut it down until this AM, it is working, and I am not going into device manager to see if I fixed it, or did I. All I wanted to do was print from my laptop to my printer hooked up to the other computer, can i do that. I also could have gremlins

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!