lost homepage & favorites

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

suseehuman

Help! Verizon "Tech support" guy, in trying to help me get back online after today's virus, told me to remove virus from inside my computer by downloading and running software from ftp://ftp.eurpoe.f-secure.com/anti-virus/tools/livrtool.zip &
" " " " " /livrtool.txt
This download - apparently meant for servers, not users- has lost my homepage- I used to have explorer at verizon. It nowcomes up as netscape home page - after flashing past verizon homepage- so I have lost all my favorites, etc. and tech support supervisor, who said the above sites were for servers and that the virus is in servers, not my computer, searched through many files and folders with me can't find those plug-ins, though he thinks they are still in my computer. How can I get back my verizon home page with all my saved favorites!?!!!

Some tech support huh. :mad:

Did you try re-setting your home page by clicking on tools, internet options in Internet Explorer? Usually the homepage can be set there unless there's a browser hijacker causing a problem but that's not the cause of your problem.

What OS are you using? Did you open My Computer, C drive, (assuming that's your hard drive), Documents and Settings, then under your username (in XP), the favorites folder should be there.

Did you do a search for files and folders? Type in favorites and see if it finds anything.

HTH.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online