Lost icons in 'My Computer' folder.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kevanf1

Does anybody have any idea why the My Computer folder in Win 2K is not displaying the drive or Control Panel icons on my PC. It is a stand alone with basic dial up internet connection running the NTFS filing system. I'm logged in as administrator so I should be able to see everything...shouldn't I? :confused:

All I have at the moment is a small square with a dot in the middle up in the left hand corner of the view in Explorer. The drives are recognised and fully accessible there is no problem there. It also lists the objects actually in the folder in the task bar it just does not show them.

I had the same problem with most of the other folders until I went into customize views. This option is not, however, available for the 'My Computer' folder.

Please, if you have any ideas throw them at me. :(

Thanks.

Kevan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts