1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost icons in PSE4 on my mac

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Dr Granma, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dr Granma

Dr Granma Thread Starter

At the bottom of the Layer Window there should be 4 icons. One is the f icon. That whole section seems to have gone for a walk and I can't get it back. No matter how I raise the bottom bar they are GONE!!

Any ideas how to reset or where to look. any and all help will be gratefully appreciated.

Dr Granma

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Welcome to the forum .. Sorry that nobody’s been by to help.

I don’t have a Mac .. but there’s never been any icons (tools) at the bottom of my Layers Pallet ???

Hope this bump back to the top of the stack will attract some more attention.

Attached Files:

• CC.gif
      CC.gif
      File size:
      101.8 KB
      Views:
  3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Also .. My PSE3 training videos (in a Mac format) doesn't show any Icons at the bottom of the Layers Window.
    Actually .. They don't say much about using Layers in this Video ???

Attached Files:

• CC2.gif
      CC2.gif
      File size:
      150.6 KB
      Views:
  4. Dr Granma

Dr Granma Thread Starter

You right... there are no icons. Only CS. I have been exploring and there are work arounds.

Thanks for your help.

Till next time,

Dr. Granma

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

That's what I was thinking ..
    They moved the tools to the top as compared to CS at the bottom (and left a couple out).
    I see no reason why you would need a workaround .... If we're talking about the same thing.
    Here's my CS2 Layout ... You'll see that they moved them to the top in PSE

Attached Files:

• CC3.gif
      CC3.gif
      File size:
      156.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Dr Granma

Dr Granma Thread Starter

Workaround in the sense that the overlays are fewer and found in a different place on the bar. Put you are right. CS2 just has more advanced stuff and I can make 4 work just fine for me.

Thanks,
    DG

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

YES .. for the average hobbiest .. PSE4 can do about all one needs.
    I use CS2 because it has a more functional (less pretty) GUI ... and I'm more familiar with it.
    I hope you're NOT using the Organizer in PSE ... I hear that can cause troubles.
    Stop by for a chat anytime.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490951

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice