1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost IDEs wont recognise any drive cept CD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Modem_Child, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. The_Modem_Child

The_Modem_Child Thread Starter

Hi,

I was trying to clean up my daughter's main drive system has been dragging for a long time, 233 MMX with 128mem), in a hurry, I mistakenly used win cleaner to clean up hard drive... I got two good reboots afterwards... then went to reboot again and got the ol' insert system diskette.

The system currently will not recognise the floppy so I can not insert a system diskette. I was able to get to the bios and put in the info on the HDs, then after booting again (same error msg), in the blue box above the error msg, it showed HD at Primary 0, and the CDROM at P1 (system has 2 HDs, floppy, and CDrom--2nd hard drive or floppy did not show up at all--yet both are showing fine in CMOS)???

Any help??
    MC

2. The_Modem_Child

The_Modem_Child Thread Starter

I posted a msg last night... and came back 2day 2 find it removed... y is that?

MC

3. Rockn

Rockn

It's still there....go to the bottom of the posts and look for 1...2...3..>>

The initial page is limited to a certain number of posts before it creates a page 2, etc.

4. CLMSS

CLMSS

Its probably where ROCKN says it is...now its time for this post to be deleted.....

5. brianF

brianF

go back into the bios.

Make sure the floppy drive is enable and set to 1.44mb

One of your ide's, primary or secondary is not configured correcty.

Sounds like the primary as it won't boot.

Reset primary ide again in bios, save and exit

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63467

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice