Lost info (docms) in 2 User Accounts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

longhorn

I discovered today, when trying to access an Excel file (that's in another user a/c) from my user a/c, that I'd lost the documents in two user a/cs. I often access this one particular Excel file from my user a/c. When I went into the applicable user a/c and tried to pull up Excel, it indicated it was going to install office?? My recent docm listing shows I last accessed the file on 12/23/05. I tried to do a windows restore...restored to yesterday and the same issue w/ user a/cs. When I tried to undo the restore, it said windows was unable to do so. I tried to restore back to 12/23/05 (when I last retrieved the spreadsheet) and got a msg that windows was unable to do restore....same thing for 12/22, 12/21 and 12/20.
Info which might be relevant: 1) I did file maintenance earlier today to delete temporary files (only chose "offline web pages", "temp internet files", "recycle bin", "temp files" and "web client/publisher temp files" and 2) these two user a/cs haven't been accessed directly for a while. The other two that are accessed more often seem to be unaffected.
I'd so appreciate any suggestions !

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online