1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lost ip address

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rizzla, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rizzla

rizzla Thread Starter

any body know how i might find out the ip and subnet of equipment on my network?
    thanks in advance

2. 5mi11er

5mi11er

Equipment being Microsoft PC's: at a dos prompt < ipconfig /all >. Or if they are really old (win95ish) < winipcfg >. Unix: < /usr/sbin/ifconfig > most Cisco equipment: < show ip int brief >

-Scott

3. rizzla

rizzla Thread Starter

sorry my mistake i forgot to say the equipment... it is actuallt an ip cameraso i canot log into in any wayit was working at one point but we had a move around and some new equipment ie pcs/printers where added and now i think there may be a conflict or the camera has lost its ip as it has been off for a while.
    thanks for your reply

4. 5mi11er

5mi11er

Uh, no, have you tried resetting it to factory defaults? Or reading the camera's documentation to see if it attempts to get an IP via DHCP? If it can, the DHCP server probably has a record of what IP address the camera has.

If you don't have any documentation, google for the camera's make/model, etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice