1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost items in sound properties

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by PtownBubba, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PtownBubba

PtownBubba Thread Starter

Something has happened, in my sound and audio devices,under sound tab, several sound icons are missing ????? there are 8 or so icons still there, that seem to work. I noticed this the other day, when my email did not talk to me,,, went to this tab,, and there was no email icon to choose. Set at Windows default,,,, this did mis-behave for a while,,, somehow the email ntify would be set to no sound, I would have to reset it, now email icon is gone ???

I am thinking this is a Windows thing, not a sound card/driver thing. Is there any way to restore the Sound properties, from the WinXP cd or download ????

2. karbo

karbo Banned

It seems you're missing some registry keys for the sound events.

Go to Start / Run / type regedit

Look under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLables if any of the keys on the screenshot are missing. You might have to import the reg files from another computer.

Attached Files:

3. PtownBubba

well,,, I see a Mail Beep Folder, inside that there was:

Default REG_SZ New Mail Notification
    Disp File Name REG_SZ @mmsys.cpl.-5837

is this good ??

4. PtownBubba

I have the program Reg Cure,,,, isn't that suppose to repair all registry items ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!