1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost Microsoft Office

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by russandjackie, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russandjackie

russandjackie Thread Starter

My original computer was ruined when my kid poured water in it. My computer guy switched the hard drive to a different computer. an hp compaq dc7100. I was able to recover my pics, docs and things. However, my Word docs wouldn't open. I then discovered that Word, Excel, Outlook and Money were all gone. I was able to recover only Powerpoint and Picture It. Microsoft Office was on my original system, is there a way for me to recover it on my new system? Or is this an error my computer guy made? Thanks.

2. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

Not nescisaraly an error your computer guy did. Since he switched the HDD to another computer, With most HDD when XP is intalled it is configured to work with that specific computer.

When you transfer a HDD to a new computer it also invalidates your copy of Microsoft Windows XP, so I am sure you are not able to download any updates because of this.

I'd suggest just backing up your important files and re-install XP.
    Also I'd get a "personal" computer to use or get your kid their own computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice