lost my Administrator priviledges!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cre8tivmyndd

:confused: :HELP!!!! Had a virus took care of it, but somehow lost my administrator rights. can't get into control panel ,user accounts,etc...keep getting message "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer" any suggustions?:eek:WINDOWS XP sp2

cre8tivmyndd said:
:confused: :HELP!!!!
Uhh... Details are nice, what happened that caused you to notice that you do not have Admin privliges?

Just remember that these forums cannot help you recover passwords.
And it is closely monitored

Go to Users in control panel and see if you can switch your present user to Admin if not logoff and logon as another Admin and change your Admin status

Leeis said:
Go to Users in control panel and see if you can switch your present user to Admin if not logoff and logon as another Admin and change your Admin status
If it was a virus then all of the admins might be disabled. If the above post does not work, back-up your data and re-install Windows. You may want to save this as a last resort tho, there might be another way that I am unaware of.

cre8tivmyndd

Het Irv said:
Uhh... Details are nice, what happened that caused you to notice that you do not have Admin privliges?

Just remember that these forums cannot help you recover passwords.
And it is closely monitored
I noticed when I was trying to go into control panel, and I know my password, also i'm the only user on this computer,

It sounds like you had/have a virus that changed your account into a restricted user in an attempt to:
a. be annoying
2. keep you from removing it for a little bit longer
III. at the same time it probably also gave itself admin privileges and install who knows what on your computer, my fresh install idea might not be a bad idea, just make sure that you back-up the files that you want to keep.

You can go into each programs file and save any save file that you have but you will have to reinstall them

Sorry about the wait. I was reading about a guy that was supporting Vista and Bashing Linux
Just so happens hes on the Microcrap payroll

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online