1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost my Harddrive, bad partitions?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by heemid, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. heemid

heemid Thread Starter

I just lost my secondary harddrive, I was running several different programs, then I tried to delete a file I got an error that the file was corrupted. The drive is a 160 Gig Maxtor set as slave (E:) on the 2nd IDE channel with a Pioneer Burner (D:), the Burner shows up fine. I tried a system restore to a point yesterday but it says it won't apply to E:, because it was not enabled. When I go into Device Manager it says the drive is functioning, in the properties under volumes I click populate and nothing shows up (no partiotions), it also says I have 160 gigs unallocated, I know there is atleast 50 Gigs of stuff on it, do you think my partitions are messed up and if so how can I fix this without loosing data, I am running XP pro, and I have several utilities including Partition Magic if this will help, thanks

2. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

3. heemid

heemid Thread Starter

I am running the program now does it do anything partition magic does not?, does this sound like a partition problem? I ran chkdsk and the drive still doesn't show up, thanks for the fast respond :)

4. heemid

heemid Thread Starter

I just finished running and it says id didn't find any deleted partitions, any other ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!