1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lost my microsoft word 2007 cd

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bunchols, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bunchols

bunchols Thread Starter

hey there,
    as the title says i have lost the cd. i just bought a new laptop and it only has the trial version of office on here. is there a simple way of reinstalling the full version of word 2007 on this laptop? i don't want to pay another £100! thanks in advance.
    - bunch.

2. IMiteBable2help

IMiteBable2help

It's real simple to install the full version of word 2007 on your laptop. It starts with buying the program again. Even if you still had your disk, I don't think your license would allow installing it on multiple computers. You have to buy another license/CD.

3. bunchols

bunchols Thread Starter

really? i genuinely never knew that. that sucks...
    hmm. openoffice for me i guess. thanks anyway!
    :)

4. IMiteBable2help

IMiteBable2help

MS charges entirely too much anyway.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Using the term "reinstalling" implies that you at one point had a full version of Word installed. Is that the case? If so, you use that same disk or installation download to reinstall it. If you never purchased a full version, you have to do so.

6. IMiteBable2help

IMiteBable2help

Good point DoubleHelix, but I think the OP already stated that he just got a new laptop and wants to put word 2007 on the new PC using a previously purchased license. Unless that previously purchased license allows for use on more than one PC, he's S.O.L.

But I just thought of something, there could be a way to transfer the license from the other computer to the laptop. Not that you could have a licensed copy on both, but if a transfer is needed, I believe it can be done. Perhaps MS would allow him to pay a little more to license his copy on both computers. If a license transfer or 2 computer license is possible, then he probably wouldn't need the CD since the program is already installed on the laptop. The laptop just needs a license for the program.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/805443